Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3 (F80)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jproos View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimbethesda View Post
My point is that if you are looking into insurance to cover a low-probability AND a low cost outcome, I would look deeper into your financial situation.

IMO, insurance should be used for high cost events ($5MM court settlement for killing someone in an auto accident), and not for anything under let's say $50k. That's just my opinion and strategy. I have high deductibles, but also high overall coverage. I have a lot of life insurance, but no short-term disability. That's where I prefer to spend my money.

I'm a car enthusiast myself, so while many people could not justify spending the money required on an M3/M4, I can. BUT, I didn't buy my first one until I could easily pay for it. Just my $.02
You're singing my tune. I've wanted one of these cars since the very first one came out. I have been waiting for the time when it was easily affordable to line up with the need to replace my current car. I'm finally there and lucky me, I'm not dead yet.
Congrats! Most Americans spend more than they should. I could have never in all my imagination come up with products like gap insurance or layaway, yet they exist and are popular.

Don't even get me started on extended warranties! They sell those for everything! Buy a toaster from Best Buy, they ask if you want to add the 3-yr protection plan. For a toaster!
2015 M3 (sold)
2022 G83
Appreciate 1
Jproos334.00