View Single Post
      04-14-2021, 01:24 PM   #9
Nitromkv
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 Supra A91 MT, 23 Braptor

Quote:
Originally Posted by gqgambler View Post
Nice and congrats. How can I get in the family to get a hand me down car? HAHA.
All jokes asides a M50i is a lot of car for someone's first, assuming we are talking about a teenager with minimal driving experience. The BMW handles the horsepower well and the car doesn't feel like it is getting away from you but it still is a lot, coupled with the low visibility from the X6 rear window and overall big size and aggressive stance it may not be the best choice for a first time driver.
So while generally I would totally agree, we have been teaching her since 13, and the reason we are getting it this soon, is so for the next year while she has her permit we will drive with her on that vehicle, so for at least a year she will only drive it supervised and get used to the vehicle. Plus I really wanted a fun suv to use because the supra is a little impractical and I traded my truck in for the X6 since they gave me what I paid for it. I personally wanted an x5, think it looks better, but my dad fell in love with the x6 and last minute made that decision. Plus we got the same deal as we were getting with the X5. Besides the 500hp, the new bmw x vehicles I have heard are some of the safest on the road, with amazing build quality, safety tech, driver assistance features etc.
Appreciate 0