View Single Post
      05-13-2021, 08:11 AM   #18
330dMSXD
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3 M40d LCI

Just come off online chat with a BMW 'Genius'.......anything but a 'genius' IMO!

Couldnt answer a number of questions asked, but did confirm shortages of HK, Wireless Charging and Air Suspension in the UK, which most of us are aware of.

When asked the question about the 'luck of the draw' whereby supply dictates whose car gets built with the chosen options dependent upon week of build he did not deny that it could not be the case, as an example My order was due into build WK23 but no HK available, hence I cancelled. However, customers at Wk24 could receive HK option if supplies allow.

No information about delays or otherwise on 22MY was available, although it was confirmed that there were some updates to the BMW websites in the next couple of weeks to clarify build options and an announcement on the semiconductor shortage.

Overall, I got the impression that the business is in complete disarray with no media announcements, customers and dealers left in the dark whilst it seems BMW are still taking orders

What he hell is going on?!
Appreciate 0