Thread: Devastated
View Single Post
      10-01-2021, 10:44 PM   #1
Oqa22
Rep
Drives: 2022 M3C XDrive

Devastated

So after getting the first allocation at my area dealer and waiting 6+ months I finally got my 22 M3C XDrive like 3 weeks ago. Best car I’ve ever owned , more than my F80 & E92. It’s a beauty, Tanzanite on Kyalami. 2 days before My break in service appt was scheduled I decided to finally open her up a bit for a little spirited drive with a couple buddies as I just crossed the 1200 mark. At the end of the drive taking a turn in the intersection just before our destination, I get major oversteer and rock the curb , go up onto the grass. Not sure if it was because of my first time with MDM completely off and not used to it or the massive amount of tire shine the jackass at the car wash threw on even though I asked him not too. In any case, dealers telling me they’ve got to replace the entire steering rack, three of the wheel bearings, and the left rear complete suspension. Total of 15K in repair. I’m honestly so sad and embarrassed that I’m just getting it done and paying the case no insurance no nothing. My main concern is if my car will ever drive the same again. I’ve never even been in an accident before much less paid this much in repairs ever. I’ve always tracked all my previous vehicles and have hit the track at least 2-3 times a month for over the last decade. What do you guys think? You think it’ll come out like it was before this happened or will be dealing with lasting issues/lack of similar performance/feel. Basically do I just have damaged goods now? The dealer is an “M Certified” service dealer and he’s saying it’ll only take about a week and half to fix which I’m not sure how that’s even possible. Sorry guys, thanks for listening.
Attached Images

Appreciate 1
maelfyn156.50