Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual

Garage List
2022 G82 XC   [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oqa22 View Post
Oh I agree, I was by no means driving it how I would have been on track or anything. Just how probably 99% of the people on this forum would have been as soon as they hit the 1200 mile mark. Worst part was that it happened literally at the end of the drive when I had essentially finished pushing it. The service guys even mentioned based on the telemetry readings from the ECU at that moment it didn't make sense how an all wheel drive car turning at that degree and speed with little no input on the gas or brake would oversteer to that extent. They literally asked me if I had driven through some spilled oil on the road, that's what got me thinking that it was probably from the stupid car wash I had gotten hours earlier and accidentally hit the "ultimate" button which was one of those basically fully automated ones that had a machine that just sprays a bunch of tire shine on your wheels on the way out. But still I feel like shit about it cause I've been in oversteer situations like that so many times trying to drift my f80 etc on track and should have been able to correct myself out of it. Hence the embarrassment and devastation. Really the worst kind of situation where you not only mess up your brand new m3 and also question your driving skills at the same time. Probably the equivalent of enthusiast hell
I lost the back end of my F82 just over a year ago at high speed on the motorway. I was in the fast lane, Xmas eve in heavy traffic on a freezing wet road. I was rushing about doing last minute shopping before the stores closed, my fault totally and lesson learned.
After the incident I got towed onto the carriageway, limped home and looked at the damage. The initial impact was on the rear wheel as i came off backwards hitting the kerb hard, because of the heavy undergrowth the front splitter, carbon intake, DCT oil cooler along with lots of plastic trim underneath needed replaced. Soon started to add up, by the time i ordered and fitted these parts including a new wheel/tyre I started to wish I'd claimed my insurance. After a few weeks I got it on the road, initially relieved that all seemed ok I then became aware of a loud drone over 30mph. This turned out to be a wheel bearing. Couple of months later I put the car in to the dealer for service and they notice fluid leaking from the rear driveshaft. This is replaced. Then I became aware of a fluid leak on my garage floor, had a look and it's dripping off the rear diff.
I'm afraid to say I felt the car was never the same afterwards, not sure if this is all in my mind but it was there.
Just be aware that things could get expensive and be sure that you don't get dragged into a financial money pit.
My situation was based on a high speed impact so that's not to say yours is similar or that your car won't be as new once repaired. I actually thought twice about writing this because I didn't want to cast doubt on your expectations. But I did go down the wrong path and just be sure that your initial estimate is as thorough as possible before committing.
Good luck and I hope things work out for you, most important of all your ok and I'm sure we've all learned the hard way at some point.
Attached Images

G82 M4 Comp X-Drive Individual FDG
Appreciate 3
Oqa2210.00
Limegrntaln13707.00