View Single Post
      10-25-2021, 10:25 AM   #14
moproblems
Beware of cheap bait!
Rep
Drives: 2021 M4 Isle of Man Green

Quote:
Originally Posted by gotgemini2000 View Post
So you think that the stock G20 3 Series Base Springs would raise the car a bit?

Beyond this - any suggestions on slightly bigger tires that can fit on 18 inch wheels (planning to get the base 18/19 wheel set, but know that even those need some more rubber near gravel etc.)?

Planning to order a G80 M3 in the next week or two if I can get a dealer allocation. Also need to figure out the roof rack / trailer hitch situation…
Trailer hitch will be very tough, as the muffler is so large there isn't any space for it. However a G20 kit will more than likely fit with some cutting of the diffuser and an aftermarket axle back.

And yes springs set the ride height and stock dampers already have plenty of downtravel. Before springs came out for m3/m4 shops were installing g20/g22 springs on em. However they will more than likely be WAY undersprung. Will not drive like it does at delivery and may have some undesirable characteristics.

[EDIT] I will also say barrel clearence on the front 18's is TIGHT. I only had mine on for 2k miles or so and I already had a good scratch in the barrel from a piece of gravel getting caught between the caliper and barrel... And I kept off the beaten path.
Appreciate 1