Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Garage List
2024 BMW M2  [9.80]
2017 BMW X1  [10.00]
2001 BMW X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bmwloverm2 View Post
Thanks for offering yourself to open questions:

1) I'd like to know your impressions about the noise coming from outside at regular highway speeds and since you have experience adding extra silence on door panels and other if you think it's still an ""easy"" job and where should i place that material to make it more silent (below seat? , only door panels?, etc)

2) Also curious, in the one you show in the image, with the 792M wheels, seems that the tires are non-runflat. Right? Are rear 255mm 35 ?
So road noise wasn't bad, but ironic you ask about this very question. I just did a full stage 1-3 series of sound reduction and audio improvement changed on my M2C, and it made a *dramatic* improvement across the board. Make sure to check those out as I suspect the process would be similar.

One side note, I have now seen one (a 2021 X3) that has hard plastic with a gasket design, in the doors for vapor barriers. I have also seen the same design in the new Supra (which is as we know essentially a BMW), so the new M240 might be the same. Realoem isnt updated yet, so I can't check the doors, but I wouldnt be surprised if the old foam style vapor barriers in doors is doing away in current designs.

On the tires, the model I drove had 225/40 R19 all-season runflat tires

You can order other choices though:

Optional:
19-inch wheels with 225/40R19 front and 255/35R19 rear performance runflat tires

19-inch wheels with 245/35R19 front and 255/35R19 rear performance non-runflat tires.
'Lillith' F87 M2 Competition Build Thread
Appreciate 0