Rep
Drives: 2022 M3, 2022 X5 40i;

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by HTTP 410 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSTDR1V View Post
Let us know when you do.

Ultimately I picked option 3 for now, and it's due to another accessory I have in the trunk. Here's the setup:

I have high strength velcro straps around the unit, and it adheres to the back of the box, along with the side wall making it very stable. I have about 3 different cables that I run through the fuse panel section, which includes the dashcam wire, the excess battery cable, and the wire to my emergency light.

Instead of a traffic triangle or flares, I have a LED emergency light that I mount in the trunk of my vehicles. I realized that I can simply use the blackvue outlet for when I need to use it - and that will actually help for if I'm ever stopped without power to the vehicle. So as a result of that wiring, I kept it in the compartment on the side.

Here's what that looks like:

Ignore that it's off center, I have to fix it.

With the blackvue battery where it is, I can easily swap the plug if the vehicle is ever disabled (or if I roll up on an emergency).
Looks good. My magnets should get delivered on Monday. They're hella high strength and I'm starting to wonder if they'll impact the electronics on the batteries.

Where'd you get the high strength velcro? Gotta link?
https://www.homedepot.com/p/VELCRO-B...1372/202319264

That's what I used
Appreciate 1
HTTP 4102142.50