You got my money?
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Ice Cream Truck

Garage List
2022 BMW M3  [9.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Team Tonka View Post
That looks perfect. Do you know exact settings for front and rear so others could copy?
The fronts are 15 full turns from the bottom of the perch. I used the locking screw as my measurement to make a full turn. You can do that by hand with a wheel off the ground.

The rears even with the KW 15MM coil spacer currently have about 2/3rd" gap between the perch and collar. I can stick my index finger between the base and where the adjustable collar is. Those are a bitch to adjust. Most shops just drop the lower control arm and dial them in, and repeat until they get it right since the perch mount doesnt lock into place into the body and will spin when you try to adjust the collar. I ended up raising mine up from where the shop had them originally. Which I think WAS around the middle of the adjustment range WITH the KW 15MM spacer. I think I raised mine about 2 turns from where it was.

FISH22 shared a life hack to me on how to adjust the rear collar without having to drop the lower arm. It worked great for me and I spent a few hours doing that until I got mine up to what you see in my pics now.

Since the rear perch base spins in its mount as you try to adjust the collar, you have to either drop the arm or put some kind of pressure on the perch mount to keep it from spinning as you try to spin the collar. His advice was to put a long socket extension with a big socket head on the end of it up inside the lower control arm hole that is directly below the spring. Run that socket and extension up that hole in-between the spring until the socket head touches the black perch mount in the middle of the spring (the rear shock is not inside the spring like the front is). Think of a long shock piston in the middle of the spring. With the car on jack stands, Use a small jack and put pressure upward on that socket and extension you have poking out of the bottom of the lower control arm up to the black perch mount. Use just enough pressure on the perch mount to keep still. dont let it raise the car up higher as its already on jack stands. Doing that gave me the ability to raise my rear up at home without having to go to a shop. The adjustment room is limited. Meaning I could only turn the dial 1/4 a turn at a time. But I got it done and was able to do it myself which was nice.

My front is 14, 1/2" from center of wheel hub to fender edge.
My rear is 14, 1/4" from center of wheel hub to fender edge.

Last edited by BIGW0RM; 04-15-2022 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 4