View Single Post
      05-10-2022, 05:32 PM   #10
ido09s
Rep
Drives: M2C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lotus07 View Post
It is important to order a car from a dealership with an allocation. As soon as an order is placed and matched to this allocation the vehicle can commence build. In my case dealership had a last allocation for a G80M3 Competition xDrive. I placed order on 2nd April, production number generated 2 days later and a production date was confirmed for 18th May, VIN provided 2 weeks after that. Advised 1st week in May car is at Status 190 (completed build) and a week later Status 193 (at port awaiting ship). I am over the moon and now to receive advice regarding vessel so I can commence tracking.
I had no idea about the allocation side when i ordered my car and ordered from a dealership that didn't have an allocation. It has me concerned as they want me to deliver my trade in to them before the allocation is given.

Getting cars off the wharf will be a hit and miss thing. They wont go digging through chassis numbers to find cars and send them out in the order they arrived. They just get dumped in a yard and picked up by transport in the order of accessibility.
Appreciate 0