View Single Post
      07-07-2022, 01:17 AM   #8
hansluc
Rep
Drives: Waiting on a 330e!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bimmerorbummer View Post
Hey there! I’m new to the community and looking to. Get my hands on either the m340i xdrive or m440i xdrive gran coupe. Any chances for a discount on these cars? I don’t qualify for any of the available BMW discounts :-( Please advice. Looking to finance.

Your input is much appreciated!

PS: If this post is against community rules, I apologize and will take down the post!
As you are in Portland, it may not be as easy to shave $ off MSRP as it is in high-volume SoCal. I speak from experience as I have shopped for BMWs in both areas within the past month. I personally can recommend Davie (sales) and Dave P. (manager) at BMW Portland. Both are very good people to work with. That said, with no inventory on the lot they have no reason to deal. Kuni is the same with regard to the models you mentioned.

I would ask them honestly, once you start talking through the purchase - any chance I could get an invoice + $1000 deal if I custom order? Maybe they counter with a number closer to MSRP, but at least you'll know what's possible. It's a guaranteed sale that takes up no inventory space, win-win for them. They always encouraged me to send them builds for this purpose, if ever I was not finding what I wanted in stock. If you can wait a few months for the vehicle to arrive, it's worth a try.

If you need something sooner than later, I'd probably be looking at big markets (Chicago seems to be a good one, in my experience) and find a BMW dealer that has the one you like and try a similar negotiation strategy. But, then you'll be paying $1200 to ship it unless you want to fly out and make an adventure out driving your ride home.
Appreciate 0