03-20-2023, 10:29 PM   #13
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by 540iSUP View Post
Usually a tint shop will spray ammonia, I believe. Its the stuff found in a lot of window cleaner solutions and is the same reason why tint shops tell you to make sure not to use any window cleaner that contains it.

The chemical will make the glue soft and you will be able to pull off the tint without damaging anything. Its still best to let the professionals at the tint shop do it.

Cheap tints degrade much faster over time and a good shop will be able to remove all the old tint, clean the windows, and reapply tint.

Two things when it comes to tint: 1) Purchase good quality ceramic tint. Ceramic tints usually don't affect signal quality and they reflect heat much better, so you don't have to go as dark. 2) Find a tint shop that will warranty their work for the life of the tint. That way if any bubbling does occur, they will fix it.
I've found out that that is a worthless "warranty." When it comes to using the warranty, their excuse is the failure is where the life of the product ends. The "life of the product" is quite variable.
Appreciate 2
540iSUP704.00