View Single Post
      05-11-2023, 02:25 PM   #13
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kavatski View Post
You should try to make it all the way to Nova Scotia — we like visitors!

Seriously, I had the same thought about driving w/o the fob. I set up Digital Key but haven’t relied on it yet.
technically, I have been to Nova Scotia once. It was the later 1980s. I was on a Pan Am 747 from Frankfurt to Washington Dulles. It landed at Halifax for a medical emergency. At first, nobody was allowed to get off the plane(except the man who was offloaded). However, the pilot later came and said passengers would be bused into the terminal, while the plane was refueled for the remaining few hundred miles. Total time on the ground was probably less than 2 hours.

Perhaps after my X1 has gone through the break-in period, I'll take a long road trip up there, perhaps even go as far as France.(St. Pierre)

As for driving without a key fob, it was a few days ago that I was almost 2 hours away from home. I suddenly realized that the key fob wasn't in my pocket. Then I remembered that I had left it in my garage ever since I activated the digital key on my phone. Didn't even have the physical digital key card with me, so it was kind of risky.
Appreciate 0