View Single Post
      05-12-2023, 06:55 AM   #19
RockCrusher
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 2023 ZB M2 6-speed

An update...

May 1st had car in at just over 600 miles for an early oil/filter service.

Checked oil level after service. Was OK and right at the MAX level.

Put just over 400 miles on the car since and last night after a 30 mile drive and on the way home stopping and filling the gas tank checked the oil level.

The oil level was *unchanged* from what it was right after the oil/filter service.

The bit of oil consumption the engine manifested before the ~600 mile
oil/filter service has not continued. Oh, and as per the owners manual after 600 miles I'm using 6K RPMs as the break in red line but of course only once the engine is up to full operating temperature. (Oil temperature at/over 200F.) I don't hit 6K before every up shift but I am driving the car a bit more aggressively to complete or at least advance the break in. So it is not like I'm driving the car easy.

Best as I can recall this is the first engine of 14 or 15 new vehicles I have driven to break in (most 2000 miles, but a few were 1200 miles) that used any oil during this break in phase.

Next week I'll schedule the car to have its post break in oil/filter and diff fluid services done.

I'm anxious to see if I can detect any change in performance from the engine after this scheduled post break in service.
Appreciate 2
Squidget3538.00
ronin130131002.00