View Single Post
      06-05-2023, 12:15 AM   #5
aaaaaaaaaz
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 50e (CB/Coffee)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mojoJJ View Post
It has everything to do with ID7. The architecture of ID7 doesn’t support extensive level of code signing; that’s why a lot of (hidden) features were able to be coded in, since the framework was already there. With ID8+, the architecture was built on cloud based code signing and server side authentication. Not only that, but the features not included with the car weren’t even left in the framework and modules were locked down further.

When you say next-Gen X3, I gather you’re talking about MY23 (still G01, still ID7) and most of the coding should be supported. If by next gen you actually mean G45 with ID8, then I agree, most coding features we have now won’t be supported.
No, you are confusing Service Pack version with I-drive version.

SP21+ cars get the cloud coding framework. As far as we know, all SP21+ car come with ID 8 (or 9?).

SP18 and earlier car does not get the cloud coding framework. SP18 car includes most cars with ID7 and some ID8 - notably, current 3/4/i4 comes with ID8 but they are built with SP18; thus they can still be coded (bimmercode actually supports i4)
Appreciate 1
mojoJJ269.50