View Single Post
      07-11-2023, 12:07 PM   #1
dy444
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW G42 M240i xDrive

iDrive 8 NAV and RTTI questions

I have a couple of questions about NAV and RTTI on iDrive 8

NAV. Every time I go out in the car the NAV system starts suggesting where I might be going. Does anybody know how to turn that off because it is always wrong and very annoying.

RTTI. If a route is active in the Nav system then the RTTI widget on the home screen has a graphical representation of the route. This is a vertical line which changes from white to grey from the bottom up as the journey progresses. Sometimes text like "- 2mins" appears next to the white bit of the line which I take to be a traffic delay? Does it only show the next one? Do these delays only relate to the current route? Are they supposed to be colour coded because as far as I can remember they seem to be always grey? Sometimes when the text is there and you click on the widget and open it up the delay shown is not on the route at all.

Please could someone walk me through both the display on the RTTI widget and how it decides what delay event to show when you click on it because as far as I can see it follows no obvious logic. When a route is active in the Nav system, I want delay info on that route not some random nearby street.

Thanks
G42 M240i xDrive. Brooklyn Grey, 19" Bicolour Double-spoke style 893 M alloy wheels with performance tyres, Technology Plus Pack, M Adaptive Suspension, Harman/Kardon Surround Sound Audio System, Heated Steering Wheel, Aluminium Rhombicle Interior Trim
Appreciate 0