View Single Post
      08-12-2023, 07:17 PM   #13
ToneM2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G87 M2

Quote:
Originally Posted by baron95 View Post
My issue with the JB4 is how ancient and backwards their HW is. I mean come-on it is 2023. They keep on selling stuff that you have to open the box and use 1970s DB9 connectors to add Bluetooth, plus it uses really old/slow processors.

All the other companies that offer piggyback "tunning" (Dahler, Carbhan, etc) all chose to license and rebrand the Racechip HW. It is a modern sealed box, with built-in bluetooth, a map display (if you want to not even bother with a phone app), an awesome bypass connector to take to the dealer and/or remove the Racechip, much higher quality connectors, etc.

JB4 seems to do the job - I don't want to disparage them. But come-on. Move with the times. Have some pride in your product and upgrade the HW to 2023 standards.

Also, Racechip is offering a 2 year (I believe up to $10K) matching warranty if your engine has issues that are denied by BMW.

I choose to support them.
If Carbahn and Dahler are using a rebranded version of Racechip, why do they have different torque curves and horsepower levels? I watched a video by a YouTuber WhatsyourForte and the racechip seemed to be way smoother than JB4 and Dahler made the most power by a considerable margin
Appreciate 1
r33_RGSport13113.50