View Single Post
      08-23-2023, 02:54 PM   #17
Deho
Private
Rep
Drives: 2023 MINI Countryman SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW012 View Post
Thanks! definitely dont want the hassle of charging the motor and also putting gas in the car, so not sure if the 550e is really an option for me. but want to know how much benefit I can get out of the 550e if i really skip the charging lol
I don't want to be judgemental, but charging is simple, really, unless you absolutely have no access to any form of power outlet. Remember that with a PHEV charging overnight using a simple 110v plug is usually enough to get a full charge in the morning.

I don't know how you use your car, but if you charge on a regular (or even irregular) basis, every mile you roll on electric power is about 400 grams of carbon dioxide you don't dump in the air we breathe. And even if you live in a place where electricity is made from fossil fuel, you still contribute to cleaner air, because fossil fuel plants are still way more efficient than ICE vehicles. And that's saying nothing about the small money savings that add up (since in most places domestic electricity is way cheaper than gas).
Appreciate 4
BMW0121009.00