View Single Post
      09-02-2023, 09:09 PM   #8
n8_fury
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: bmw f36 gran coupeŽ xdrive

Garage List
2019 bmw x5  [0.00]
Thanks for everyone who responded and helped me out here .
So I bought a new 90amp battery from a local dealership . After calling all of the local dealership I was able to get discount from one and I was able to get one for $255 ( total+ tax - return core charge ).
But they forgot to give the battery vent hose which is supposed to come along with it . So had a bit of trouble there and finally found one .
I plugged in the new battery.
Didnt know battery registration requires a seperate device ( for some reason I assumed I might be able to do it from instrument panel ).
So spent $35 for BimmerLink app + $40 for the vtech Bluetooth connector and I was able to finally register . It showed my battery percentage as 65% , so plugged in my ctech charger now. Let me know if there was a cheaper way of registration. (I thought once I buy BimmerLink, I can open the exhaust flap but I am not able to that).
Well great news is that once I turned on for battery registration, I do not see any notification. Hopefully it stays this way once the charging is complete. In past the battery notification would come and go but recently it was consistent, so fingers crossed.
Appreciate 0