11-15-2023, 06:18 PM   #19
702MoxyBMW
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 BMW M240i purple

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-m2-j442 View Post
This is not for the S58, but I had a JB4 in my B58 supra. When I dynod it with a custom map, AA catted DP, and intake I was up 60lbft of torque - from 412 to 472. I don't have reliable HP numbers because I was a dummy and did 3 stock (JB4 disabled) pulls and then 3 map6 (custom map) pulls. The shop didn't let it cool down enough between runs and I suspect it pulled timing at top end so my HP didn't change. (I also forgot to log the runs). My guess and based on what I saw from others it should be around 420hp.
So for about $1000 total (jb4 + custom map) I was able to go from 377HP/412tq to 420HP/472Tq.

As everyone else said - JB4 < a proper unlock and tune but when I did this Femto wasn't available (or it was like a lot more challenging to send it as they were in russia, I forget)
This is in the area I got from my dyno. I don't have 93 octane here so I actually did a 4-5 gallons of 100 octane with 91 to get better fuel for it. My torque number was high but hp was at best 420-425 I think. To be honest, I didn't feel tons of difference but I did find the car took time adjust to the maps and drive differently. I recently added my AA downpipe with hi flow cats. I honestly wish I could just flash the car and be done with it. I am not as convinced its as good with the piggyback.