07-10-2006, 05:33 AM   #11
ivanwibi
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 320ie90 Silver

Garage List
2006 E90 - 320i  [0.00]
break noise

My e90 had no problem it only had 7000 kms on it, but I had a terrible probelm with an LR, basically, the break dust got stuck between the shoes and the disc, the disc is not machineable (to remove the grove due to wear and tear).

BMW thinks its normal, what they normally do to fix it is to disaasemble the break, clean the shoes, disk, and rotor ( the part that push the disc brake onto the disc), and spray an anti sqeel compound onto the rotor/disc surface, and that should get rid of it.

If it does not then you need a new disc and brake pad, bummer! made them do it! They replace my LR disc 2 x, and finally they gave me a new set of disc + pad and clean rotor/pad surface the third time.

They give you the cheapest fix first, then it will escalate as you complain more! Ring BMW customer care if necessary.

Nov 04 Landrover Freelander TD4, Silver, 17" Freedom Wheels, one tough little hippo.

Appreciate 0