View Single Post
      12-13-2008, 11:48 AM   #2
JAJ
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 Shelby GT500

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregW / Oregon View Post
Stoptech now has stainless lines available for our cars. These are good because they are plastic covered to reduce the risk of fraying from rubbing. Picked them up from Zeckhausen ($55 front, $54 rear). I'll probably remove the CDV when I do the lines.
I installed these last summer and the pedal firmed up nicely. I'd found on the track that heel-toe was a harder than it needed to be because the brake pedal would move quite a bit as you modulated the brakes. It felt like it was never in the same place twice. With the Stoptech lines the pedal was repeatable and firm - shifting is a lot easier.

That said, the front brake hoses are long, so there's more opportunity for them to flex and soften the brake pedal. The rears are short, so changing them might not be so noticeable.

The other change I made at that time was to Castrol SRF. I'd been using Motul RBF 600 in other cars but I've been happy with the Castrol.

I thought there was consensus that the M3 didn't actually have a CDV?

By the way, did both kits come with flat washers for the hard line bracket? Mine were early production and didn't have the washers, but I had four from another car that I used. I can see them in the photo for the rears, but not the front.
Appreciate 0