View Single Post
      02-24-2008, 12:52 AM   #18
walbjj
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: s2000

just looking at the specs pricing sheet, the only thing that i would consider is the pdc (and i probably wont even have that as i can park the car myself). what is the comfort access system? is it the electronic seats with lumbar support?
the alarm system at $900 is a little pricey as well, im sure u can get aftermarket ones that are better and cheaper, but getting it integrated into the keyfob is the hassle.
and $2750 for the sunroof is high as well. i know that hollandia do all the work for the car dealers and they install the sunroofs, and they charge about $2000 for their roofs. so someone is making some fat there.
and finally, $1950 for the professional 10 speaker system. whats the basic system comprised of? $2k can get u some nice speakers and amps running them, keeping the stock hu and the ipod connectivity.
oh, and anyone paying $3k+ for the dealer delivery (carwash imo) is crazy. as mentioned before, depending upon the relationship that u have with the dealer, u can knock it down to under $1000 easily for delivery charges.
but it is a hot ticket currently, so there probably will be no discounting on the rrp itself, all the "value" will come from the free car mats and accessories that make the buyer feel special

oh, and as far as dealer delivery charges go, i have bought a few cars from kloster honda, jeep and bmw over the years, and the dealer delivery charges there have ranged from $300 to $900, so they have a lot of leeway
Appreciate 0