View Single Post
      06-07-2008, 04:48 AM   #1
WAY
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: Fast ones

Sprint Booster installed- WOW!!!

I decided to get Andrew@SouthernBM to install a set of sprint booster in my car. The process only took a few mins as Andrew has done this before and knows what he was doing. Thank goodness it wsn't me doing it.

We took the car for a quick spin after the install. The first stab on the throttle reveals a car that has comletely transformed in its throttle response! The accelerator is now so sensitive and the lag that you feel when you step on the accelerator is completely gone! I took a very good mental note on the throttle response on the way to Southern BM, and the first 1/4 inch or so yields nothing. Now, every mm of throttle movement moves the car! The car now response immediately when I step on the acceleratr. I think for the 125i guys this will be even more evident. I wished I had found out about this device when I still had my GTI. Could really do with it. No it doesn't give you more horsepower, but it's exactly the same principal as the sports button on a M3 or Carrera. It makes it FEEL faster and much more enjoyable to drive!

Andrew, your shop is excellent (you guys shold see the range of high performance bimmers there!) and is just what an enthusiast like myself who wants to improve on the car that BMW has built! It was good to finally meet you too.
Appreciate 0