01-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
Midgad
Free Skier
Rep
Drives: 128i Coupe, 6MT, M-Sports

Winter w/1 revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by lambammm View Post
the right side of my 135 got raped by a salt spraying truck on the nj turnpike. tons of little paint chips, i'm very angry, somehow i don't think touch up paint will do the trick. any ideas?
Sorry cant offer any advise on how to touch up paint chips. Not to go off topic but my views of driving my 1 in the winter....

Thanks for the input on whether or not to bring my 128 to vt.
I did NOT! and glad I didnt.
Btw...even if I did get snows, I dont know if I could bring myself to take the 1er to snow country in the winter...
I forgot all the other issues when bringing a vehicle to the mountains, let alone skiing.

>Road debris, such as small rocks, kicked up, from sanders and other vehicles.

>Tons of pot holes, dont think I would want to get a flat without a spare, in Vt.! Some of these pot holes fill up with water and you cant see em. Or possible damage the pot holes can cause.

>Frost heaves, who knows what might happen if you hit a big one.

>Warmed up one day and had a lot of standing deep slushy water...can you say "hydrolock!"

>Our windshields crack just by looking at them, let alone having a snowplow in front of you. Not to think having to get 1/4" of ice off of it.

>Read something about "frozen windows" in very cold weather. Dont think I want to drive to the ski area with the window down while its snowing.(even with heated seats)

>Wet boots trashing the interior, even with winter mats.

>You dont smell so good after skiing all day, wouldnt want my 1er smelling like a locker room.

>Other skiers walking past your one with their skis and boards..you know your gonna get scratches!

>Probably have to wait for 2 days in Vt. or other remote areas to have BMW assist respond if theres a problem, dont think I would want a "no toothed" tow truck driver touching the 1.They dont always have flatbeds!

After all these thoughts, me thinks I leave the 1 in the garage for the winter. No matter what car you own, winter ages and trashes vehicles! I know these cars are meant to be driven, but you still gotta have common sense about where you drive em,(guess bottom line...depends on how passionate you are about your 1.)
:roundel:
Appreciate 0