View Single Post
      11-19-2006, 03:45 PM   #5
patagoniagrrl
Registered
Rep
Drives: '06 325cic

PARK AVE BMW scams..

I recently went to Park Ave BMW with interest in a '06 325ci convertible. I had a lease that had a buyout in which they said would be no problem...YEA until they went with some paint gauge reader and tells me my WHOLE CAR WAS REPAINTED?????????? I never had any accidents and received the car with 10 miles on it...so unless the paint fairies came in the night over the past 18 mths....it was all a scam! Just didn't want to fully pay out my lease....he was like this car has been repainted and showed me with this reader all these numbers that -mind you didn't mean crap too me...but I guess now I should only go buy a new car now with my handy dandy paint gauge reader....I mean really who does this? I could understand if he would have tried to tell me that one door or a fender or something...then ok coming off the port maybe it could have been believable as far as perhaps got a scratch so it? could have been repainted prior to me getting the car??? but no they tell me the WHOLE CAR LIKE THE TOP OF TRUNK, HOOD, ON TOP OF CAR, ALL SIDES WERE PAINTED?? Now who are they trying to kid???? Telling me to go back to my dealer and scream at them cuz I didn't sign a disclosure stating it was painted??? So to not look like a fool at my old dealer...I went to DCH Essex BMW didn't mention a thing about the fiasco at Park Ave...they went out appraised my car and yes---with a paint gauge reader...oh and guess WHAT? Yep they didn't say a word about my paint....all was fine they paid off my old lease in full...and I drove off with my convertible that weekend! So if you don't feel like getting scammed...I would suggest DCH Essex BMW...The atmosphere there was just so much more pleasant....Not aggressive at all...and the hawks didn't circle you and come in for the kill soon as you walked in the door! I know this may be a bit old for this particular post...but hopefully someone in the Jersey area will come across this and rethink heading to Park Ave BMW!
Appreciate 0