ctgazer
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: a dilapidated ride

Garage List
2006 e90  [0.00]
Post TORONTO: Where to wash you car during winter

just thought i'd start a thread to list the self service wand washes located in the GTA in time to wash the salt and grime off your lovely bimmer...please list the intersection it is located at and the price per minute of the wash. give your own ratings (i.e.facility is clean, warm, indoor, soap's always out...etc you get the idea...). Sorry Mississauga folk, i can list em too, but I dont know any out that way

GTA North

ESSO: Yonge & Steeles

price is $0.75 /min.

you recieve a ticket that you drive in. this has the time of entry...

heated, well lit, and soap/cleaner is usually in working order. good pressure from the water gun. been a couple times where there has been no soap there are 8 wash bays..

they will let you dry your car too inside (after you pay) if its not too busy so great in the winter

Shell: Kennedy & 407 ETR

located north of 407 on Kennedy opposite of BMW dealership north of Mercedes dealer...

price was around $0.85 i believe. (cant remember exactly..if someone will let me know, i will edit my post).

they have many wash bays. approx 15 or more...indoor and heated. poorly lit. cant see the dirt on my car so i dont know if its clean or not. equipment was good.

rating: 7/10

Bayview Car Wash

located at Eglinton and Bayview, it is a full service soft cloth wash even though they dry your car and clean your interior.

Unknown name

located at markham rd & 16th avenue, located across from GO station on bur oak.

massive facility, many bays, never busy, lots of vacuum cleaners also.

don't remember what the exact price was..

Shell Station

located at bayview & major mac, northwest corner shell station.

basically the same as the valleymede location with slightly fewer washing bays, otherwise comparable!

rating: 7/10

GTA East

Coin OP Car Wash: Victoria Park & Ellesmere

this is located just south of Ellesmere on Vic Park (east side) just south of Parkway Mall.

price is $3.00 to start and each additional dollar before cutoff earns you another 2 mins. they have coin machine and is 24 hours i believe.

its newly built and the facility is CLEAN! but its cold. setup is kinda strange as they built it for parallel washing (one car in front of the other). this means the car infront/behind you may splash water on you when you're done....lots of kinds of soaps and conditioners tho. there are 3 double wash bays, and 3 singles. again, freezing when i went. dress warm.

winter rating: 6/10
summer rating: 8/10

Esso

located in Ajax at Harwood and Hwy2, touchless and trackless

Simoniz

located in Pickering at Brock and 401, touchless and trackless

Midland Indoor Coin Wash and Auto Detailing: Midland & Lawrence

located on Midland just North of Lawrence, heated, self-service, and full service.

price is $3.00 to start each additional dollar before cutoff earns you another 2 mins.

http://www.midlandcarwash.ca/

GTA South

Unknown Name

There's a heated garage at Queen and Eastern? somewhere near the Beach area. Coinop: $3 per cycle.

GTA West

Unknown name

located at Dundas & Landsdown, but it is expensive ($2/1 min), and the water is disgusting, plus it's always busy.

Unknown Name
There is one on Dundas heading north towards Keele too, it has a lot of bays and decent water, but it's busy as hell too.

Last edited by ctgazer; 03-02-2010 at 08:34 AM.. Reason: updating locations
Appreciate 0