BMW addict
No_Country
Rep
Drives: AW 2006 330i Soon to be F80

Garage List
2006 E90 330i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhillont View Post
you shouldn't be leasing if you are guaranteed to be driving 20k miles a year, its not worth it for you. BMW leases are actually one of the cheapest leases for luxury vehicles, thats why as of last year at least 75% of bimmers were leased. are you getting lease numbers from a dealer or are you calculating on your own? You shouldn't go off MSRP either because you can get the car for at least 500 over invoice these days and bmw is giving you a 1k cash towards any leases delivered by june 30th.

regarding you compairing the car to a g37s, i personally test drove both vehicles, on the same day. i first took out the bimmer and had a hell of a time, took a 25min test drive and was blown away by the low end torque and just the handling. it was an exhiliarating drive, just something i didn't really experience right away in a car before (i'd been driving a maxima before hand). i then went over and test drove the g37s and it felt like a sunday driver. the car has everything you need, but its tight and uncomfortable, whereas the bimmer had more space, esp in the back. i'm 6-1 and i fit fine in the back of the bimmer vs. having to sit low in the inifiniti just to fit. performance wise, the g37s has a great engine, but it doesn't have the pep of the bimmer.

with the g37s, you are getting a lot of creature comforts, but with the bimmer you are getting performance. personally i chose the performance.

Not only that, but the 3.7 liters Infinity engine consumes more gas. you save on the long run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ramos View Post
Here is my advice... Forget a lease with 20K miles a year.
Instead go for the much cheaper 15K miles and put down 8 security deposits.
Most dealers will tell you it's not worth it, but they are dead wrong... The ROI on the MSD's is in excess of 12% with no taxes to pay.

Here is how it works, DO NOT PUT any money down as cap cost reduction, money lost if the car is totalled. Instead put the max security deposits, each one will lower your money factor by 0.07... Your payments will be lower and you get back the money at the end of the lease, which in your case will help you pay for excess mileage. Just make sure to buy the excess mileage 6 months prior to lease end.

Other suggestions:

Forget the M-sport (unless you have to have Lemans Blue), and buy the bumpers and steering wheel yourself...

Do euro delivery if you can, experience alone is worth it, and if you go on a budget you will get to save some money on the car in the process
Nice explanation

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss134 View Post
You US guys don't know a good thing when you see it!!- Same car in the UK would be $65000- its even more expensive than that in other European countries.
Lol, it is even more expensive in my country and there is no lease options.

Quad Exhaust / Glossy Black Grill / Carbon Fiber mirrors / OEM Rear Spoiler / Mtec V2 AE / GP Thunder beams /
7500k Fog lights / Interior light LEDs / License LEDs / Trunk LED / Black Air scoops
Appreciate 0