Thread: E92 Aero kit?
View Single Post
      01-18-2007, 03:34 PM   #9
picus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: e92 SG 335i Coupe

Both quotes suck. The Budds one isn't terrible, but it isn't great. Man dealers wonder why people like us don't get aftermarket work done there? Seriously, I spoke with a bus dev manager at Budd's about this once and this is the perfect example, $1000 total to paint and put on a $500 *lip*, what the hell?

I would buy the lip for $496+tax from whoever will sell it to you at that price (hint: Maranello will sell it to you for $496 primed, and let you take it wherever you want for paint/install), take it to a paint shop of your choice, which will probably be better than the dealer anyway, and cheaper (for example, I got a quote of ~$200 from a local shop, which is way more reasonable for a lip spray), then either install it yourself (which is not hard) or shoot over to RMP Motors and have Rocco install it. I'd bet a tenner he wouldn't charge more than an hour labor.

I am going to wait till spring on it, but if I do go with the aero lip I don't expect to pay more than $800 all in with taxes, painted, and installed (and likely less since I'd install myself).

For paint you could go pricey + awesome quality and use European, or you could do someone like A One Auto and get a decent job for ~$200 (still prob better than a dealer).
Appreciate 0