vivekk
THE Viv
England
Rep
Drives: 330i SE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ZiM View Post
theres a big difference in price between those two companies, is DMS a lot better or do they simply charge a lot more for a similar service?

also, a minor dilemma with all this is that my bm is on a lease, but if its undetectable i guess its not an issue? except that the next guy to own it in 3 years will have a pleasant shock - do other people on lease hire generally go in for remapping?
I only know of one members who has carried out an 'unauthorised' remap modification on his company car- he's told me not to say who he is, but he'll be at UK3, if you want to ask him the fine details of his car 'abuse'!

As for the pricing issue- well, DMS are a well-known company, &, as far as I know, have not yet had any claim on any of their remaps world-wide.

That really brings about the question- If nobody has ever claimed on a DMS installation problem, how do I know what will happen if something does go wrong & BMW tell me my warranty is no longer valid? What exactly will the DMW warranty cover & will they tell me the problem I have is a 'BMW' issue & has nothing to do with their installation?

Simon at e-maps is an ECU professional & I've heard a lot of good things said about his work, however, he does not offer a warranty (because he does not see any need for this, taking DMS's history into account), &, as such, his price is lower.

The difficulty arises when something goes 'wrong' & when you need help, advice & backup- I'm sure the effect of the remap is the same whichever company carries out the work.

All the best.

Viv

Appreciate 0