10-28-2005, 10:18 AM   #20
Bimmerista
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: superstock

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamieA
I know exactly what you mean, my A4 broke down on a highway with my friend's 4 yo son in the car. You can not imagine the distress I underwent, and then this was compounded by the rude Audicare call operator who would not give me a loan car, and I had to wait hours with this distressed child to get a tow truck to take my car away, then get friends to come all the way out and get me, and then hire a car!!

Needless to say I made Audi pay for it all in the end, but the point is that this shouldn't happen. What annoyed me most was that Audi knew of the problem but didn't contact me to give me the option of having it fixed, instead they waited for my car to break down in the middle of nowhere :mad:

After this incident, my A4 has never been the same. The engine is missing something, and guzzles juice.

I have to say that the post made my heart sink to think that my E90 could have a similar problem, glad to hear that it was an email gaffe and not a real problem!

Agreed - not only did I have that issue on my Audi as well - luckily I caught it (Forum postings) before it became a problem and requested that the coils be checked) BUT my wife's X3 just had its coils replaced this week in a recall !!! So yes, I was very relieved myself.

However, I am astounded at how Bosch (for whom I have the greatest respect) continues to get away with shoddy qulity control issues. And if the coils actually come from one of the multitude of mom-and-pop suppliers loitering around Bavaria and Baden-Wurtemberg, then shame on Audi/BMW/Mercedes for not cracking down.

On an unrelated note, a few years ago Bosh admitted that the turbos on the diesels were crap and needed to be replaced. This affected countless models from all of the above-named manufacturers. Amazing that this can still happen. Frustrating.
Appreciate 0