View Single Post
      07-28-2010, 09:20 PM   #22
Micks_Syd
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by jctg View Post
Quite interesting comments there Micks Syd. My dealing with PF so far has been good though I will reserve final judgement until I take delivery.

Having said that I find it hard to believe anyone would think dealers are anything less than shonky and dodgy themselves. Plenty of them put up unrealistic delivery dates to get a signature. I look for two things from buying a car - the cheapest price and a realistic delivery date. There was no way on earth I could have gotten the 4.5k discount I got from a dealer directly. I know because I checked with a couple of dealers before trying PF. I couldn't care less whom or how many they deal with what i care is whether i can get that price on my own? No broker in any field would scout every single possible supplier, not insurance brokers, not finance brokers, and certainly not car brokers. You can deal with more than one of them and see who comes up best.

I will have to wait and see about delivery but I asked for a specific date much later than when the car would arrive anyway. I may now take the car when it becomes available.
I would be really curious to have a look at your PF quote coz as i said they were very creative with mine.

BMW Sydney is BMW owned so i felt a lot more comfortable dealing with them but you are right about the dealers as well, you can never really trust them. Also, they did give me a discount close to what you got from PF and some other sweeteners so that also helped me with my decision.
Appreciate 0