View Single Post
      01-19-2011, 09:46 AM   #3
northernmonkey
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F11 530d MSpt

this could be to do with your itunes version or the way its storing album art, as previous poster said make sure you are syncing album art to the ipod.

to check if its itunes storing the art incorrectly...assuming you put the album on via itunes then do this:

- search on amazon for the album, click the album cover amazon displays and save the jpg (usually 300x300) to you PC / laptop
- fire up ituens, connect ipod
- search for the album cover in tunes, click it once then right click "Get Info"
- in the box that appears you should see an empty square on the right hand side that you can drag and drop the album are you just downloaded into.
- drag album art and click "Yes" to the message that warns about updating multiple items...basically adding album art manually like this embeds the art for each track I think
- sync ipod, disconnect then try in car....can you see the art for that album now?

i did find an article on google a while ago that explained why itunes does this....cannot recall now if it was a bug in a specific version of itunes or some option you need to check/uncheck in itunes preferences....if i find it again i'll post link here. all i know is i've followed above process for some albums of mine that were doing odd things with album art and it seems to sort it out.
Appreciate 0