View Single Post
      01-26-2011, 10:45 AM   #2
jdubbs
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i GT

I opted against the Smartphone Integration option, even though it wasn't much money... it consumes about 1/2 of the center armrest compartment, and I doubt I would remember to snap in my iPhone every time I get in the car (not to mention forgetting it there when I leave the car). From what I can tell, the built-in Bluetooth connection does everything this adaptor does, and lets you leave your phone in your pocket.

Active Cruise Control is an expensive option, so if you don't use cruise control much on your current car, you might consider applying that money to something else instead. I became addicted to HUD on my previous M5, then got it again on my 650i, and just ordered it on my new GT. I rarely look at the dash now, given that most everything I need is line-of-sight on the windshield... it makes following navigation directions a lot easier, since you don't have to divert your eyes from the road to keep up with turn-by-turn instructions. I would not order another car without it.

I considered Euro Delivery but found that the cons outweighed the pros. It did not amount to as much savings as I expected... I think it would have knocked $25 a month off my lease payments... and it would have bumped my 45 day wait (from order to stateside delivery) up to 3 months, even assuming the briefest of European trips. Plus if you take delivery in Europe during the winter, they make you put snow tires on it, which I would never use at home.

Active Steering is something you might consider, but not before trying it out. I loved the steering on my M5 and the Active Steering on my 650i gave a close approximation to it. I test drove a 535i sedan and a 535i GT without active steering, and immediately missed it... it gives a much more luxurious feel to steering, though some people say it takes the fun out of driving, insulates you too much from the road, etc.
Appreciate 0