View Single Post
      05-02-2011, 05:47 PM   #16
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

You can do this at least three ways:

Plug white apple cable into center console. Configure idrive to play a song from your phone. Manually change the iPhone to play your steaming audio station. This gives the best audio sound but if you make or receive a telephone call via integrated blue tooth your iPod will start playing the last iTunes song and stop playing your streaming audio once you hang up.

Another way is use Bluetooth audio. Then change the iPod to your streaming audio station. Here again you will go back to iPod music should you get interrupted by a phone call.

The only way that I found to have your streaming audio stay nailed up and not revert to another iPod song is to get a 12 volt power adapter and plug one end into the power port in the center console. Next, plug the other end of the adapter into your iPhone. This will give you power. Next, connect a 1/8th inch phone plug into the headphone jack on the iPhone and the other end into the audio jack into the center console. Set your streaming audio to "background" mode on the iPhone. Now nothing will stop your iPhone from playing streaming a music and it will go back after a phone call.

Note: you can't plug a standard USB cable into the apple iPhone and use the 1/8th inch audio cable into the console on post September builds since the system will default to the USB for power and digital audio.

Anyone know of a better way?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobRBob View Post
I understand that BMW Apps integrates Pandora web radio with the display. My car was not ordered with BMW Apps (build week 18) but I'm wondering if I'll still be able to listen to web radio through the standard USB port but without the integration with the Nav display. This is all pretty confusing and my Sales guy does not know how this all comes together.
Appreciate 0