View Single Post
      11-10-2023, 12:47 AM   #12
DMason
Private
Rep
Drives: X5 and a X1 m35i on the water

I'll stick with my X1 m35i... if it ever comes.

Beauty is in the eye of the beholder of course, but the body form hasn't grown on me. The slab sides do not have the energy of the X1. The X1's arrow shape trailing the front wheel well is quite striking and denotes motion. Being relatively flat, the X2's flanks make the green house seem to sit too high above the belt line, there is less play of light across these surfaces as well which makes it seem unfinished to me. It's longer yet it has less storage. Greenhouse is awkward past the C pillar, except for the Hofmeister kink, which is OK but the break at the rear glass does not create a nice flowing line from nose to tail. Just look at the silhouette. I wonder if the same designer who made the handsome X1, did this as well or was it restyled by another?
Pretty bad rear visibility especially with the larger m35i lower spoiler. I like the X1 tail lights much better, these double darts seem clumsy and kinda off brand. The rest of the rear is another boring slab. In my opinion this car is supposed to be beautiful, a shooting brake and it's not. If it's not going to be practical make it sexy. Not sure what I think of the rope light on the grill, it's not a real pretty shape so I probably wouldn't call attention to it. No rear wiper, fixed sunroof and no wood trim option...

Other than that, I like it.
Appreciate 1
a0krn31.50