tex2670
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 28i xDrive

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by SpaceSilverX1 View Post
I think it was last October when I first walked into my dealer's showroom. They had the X2 sitting in there that nobody wanted to buy. The X1 was just released in the US around that time, so that was probably why?

That same X2 was still sitting in the same spot inside the showroom when I went back 6 months later(end of April) to take delivery of my new X1. I asked my salesman why they didn't just use it as a loaner. He said that they already had enough loaners.

When I went back there for the first oil change at 1,000 miles, it was finally gone. The salesman said they sold it for almost US$7000 off the MSRP. Some lady bought it for her 16-year-old high school kid who just got his driver's license. My first thought was: "need a time machine to go back in time and convince my parents not to get me that new Honda Civic Wagon when I was in high school because the only person liked it was Kathy..." ( (Kathy was my first girlfriend in high school and my parents like her more than me... always telling her "wish we had a daughter like you, instead of a son" and they really meant it. because after high school, we kind of broke up, yet my parents continued to hang out and even went on vacation with her, without me, while I was away at college)

(it's this one below... yes, I am that old )
I had a first gen X2 as a loaner once. For its size and specs and mediocre interior, there's no way I'd be able to bring myself to own one over a Mini Countryman.
Appreciate 0