View Single Post
      03-24-2024, 08:45 AM   #3
Sebbak
Rep
Drives: Ford Fiesta ST-3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish Fingers View Post
I think the stiff ride is very subjective.

I don't think it's a stiff ride at all, but we are used to sports cars.
Recently I had an M2 and Mrs a Mini JCW - and the X1 30e feels like a Bentley compared to those.
We have got the 20" alloys and I personally find the chassis very good. Maybe it's people comparing to other SUV's who find it harsh?

I find the standard seats really good. Would not want/need any additional support with the electric adjustable seats.

I would defo spec memory seats if more than one person drives it.
We didn't get full parking surround view, but wish we had it.

Great car....sounds ideal for you. Get it
Cheers for the info - sounds like a similar move from the JCW Mini regarding the suspension change, so seems like it's probably not a major issue moving from something that's already stiffly sprung. Good to know! I'm trying to arrange a test drive or two with different wheels to try and gauge it a bit better before deciding.

I think full parking is on the cards as my partner has only ever driven Fiesta's so something a bit bigger is a little daunting, but with all the cameras and even self parking, should make life much easier. She rarely drives anyway, so it's 95% me using it really. Memory seats are definitely on the list!

I appreciate they're apples and oranges to a degree, but how did you find the BMW performance compared to the JCW Mini? Obviously the Mini has the agility over the X1, but in terms of acceleration, they're similar; I assume the BMW has a fatter wedge of torque instantly due to the electric motor at the rear?

Sorry, another hyper specific question lol
Appreciate 0