View Single Post
      03-24-2024, 11:13 AM   #4
Fish Fingers
Private
Rep
Drives: X1 30e M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sebbak View Post
Cheers for the info - sounds like a similar move from the JCW Mini regarding the suspension change, so seems like it's probably not a major issue moving from something that's already stiffly sprung. Good to know! I'm trying to arrange a test drive or two with different wheels to try and gauge it a bit better before deciding.

I think full parking is on the cards as my partner has only ever driven Fiesta's so something a bit bigger is a little daunting, but with all the cameras and even self parking, should make life much easier. She rarely drives anyway, so it's 95% me using it really. Memory seats are definitely on the list!

I appreciate they're apples and oranges to a degree, but how did you find the BMW performance compared to the JCW Mini? Obviously the Mini has the agility over the X1, but in terms of acceleration, they're similar; I assume the BMW has a fatter wedge of torque instantly due to the electric motor at the rear?

Sorry, another hyper specific question lol
Wife actually went JCW->BMW X2->BMW X1.
I went BMW M2->Taycan (but want to back to BMW next car).

Instant torque makes the X1 feel significantly faster than the JCW - especially overtaking etc. It feels as fast as my old M2 and nearly as fast as the Taycan.
Use 80-120kmh, rather than 0-100 kmh for real world speed comparison.
Would be interesting to know comparison with Fiesta?

Then add on AWD grip when it's wet.

The handling also belies it's size. It's great to drive, but really refined.
And it's nice driving something a bit higher up, especially on motorways, as forward visibility is better (less stressful).

And if you are coming from a Fiesta St, don't worry about the ride.
Its a far larger and heavier car, so the ride is just fine in MSport guise. In fact, I bet you will find the other trim levels not sporting enough.

I find it an astonishing vehicle.
And as long as hybrid suits your lifestyle and you have home charging - it's all things to all men.

Last edited by Fish Fingers; 03-24-2024 at 11:35 AM..
Appreciate 1
Sebbak0.00