View Single Post
      04-08-2024, 03:12 PM   #21
Joaste
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 xdrive30e

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iggi View Post
My X1 is a U11 model of 2023 that has iDrive8. Per what BMW told me - it is not possible to upgrade iDrive8 to iDrive9.

The full 5 GHz range spans frequencies from 5.15 GHz to 5.85 GHz.

BMW told me that:

(1)
To support WiFi-Direct 5 Ghz, Wireless CarPlay uses certain radio frequency (from range 5.15-5.85 GHz) . This certain radio frequency is compliant with local government regulations, and thus it is enabled by BMW in X1.

(2)
To support WiFi-Direct 5 Ghz, Wireless Android Auto uses certain radio frequency (from range 5.15-5.85 GHz, and this frequency is different from the radio frequency used by Wireless CarPlay). This certain radio frequency is NOT compliant with local government regulations, and thus it is disabled by BMW in X1.

This causes inability to connect to WiFi-Direct at 5Ghz as part of connection to Wireless Android Auto. Instead, the connection to WiFi-Direct is at 2.4 Ghz, which is not enough for Wireless Android Auto.

This causes (in most cases) a failure to connect Android Smartphone to Wireless Android Auto, and (in some rare cases) unstable connection of Android Smartphone to Wireless Android Auto which shortly gets disconnected

P.S. I did not find any information about Coding in U11, that enables the 5GHZ WiFi-Direct for Android Auto.

So far - no solution...
So first of all, upgrade your pixel 6 pro to android 14. The update has been available for a very long time now. There is no reason to stay on Android 13.

After that, I would do a full reset of iDrive 8 (not just a reboot).

Then re-pair your phone to the car.
Appreciate 0