04-28-2024, 02:05 PM   #36
tranquility
sportscars only
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 Z4 sDrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by cotmfk View Post
I thought they were going to blow it up two seasons ago, they didn't. They fired the GM after making the 2R last year, but not the coach... odd take, IMO. Worst thing is that coach is about to start on his 2 year extension this summer. I would bet he doesn't coach a game of that extension for the Leafs.

They've tried all sorts of tweaks with that roster. Nothing has seemingly helped. I do think they have some really good talent on the roster, and it's sad, in a way, that it's all wasted and they don't advance. So, in the end, I do think it's time to blow it up. Move one, try again, and see what happens.

My respect for Nylander did go up a bit while also lowering for Marner because of this clip:

https://x.com/PuckReportNHL/status/1784403929029132376

Maybe Marner is "the" problem? Sometimes getting rid of a player that's a locker room drain is all that is needed.
Ya, it's pretty awful in Leafyland. Agreed on why they didn't also get rid of the coach since it was Dubas' choice. They should've made major changes earlier but hopefully they will finally do so unless the Leafs pull off a miracle and win 3 straight lmao.

I saw that clip, wish we could lip-read Marner and Matthews too. Glad they are at least getting pissed. Win G5 and start putting doubts in the Bruins' minds. Go down swinging, cmon.

Ppl can say what they want about the Leafs being soft and they are mostly right but at least they have been trying to change it this time playing tougher w those new additions, but obviously not enough. Matthews is trying but can't do it all himself. Nylander is still soft but he at least has the most post-season pts or is up there of the active players. I dunno about Marner, guy still seems like a kid and that crazy thing w Babcock turning him into a little B didn't help matters. One wonders if he would be the kind of person to finger ppl during the Nazi reign just cuz authority told him to do so. Not good w that glove tantrum...how old he that guy? LOL.

I regret but ideally the minimum Shanahan/Keefe gotta go. Maybe the captaincy needs to be stripped from Tavares too, guy is too robotic and doesn't have much intensity. Ofc Bert should stay and Matthews, McCabe, Knies, McMann, Robertson...; Domi if he can try not being Kadri 2.0 (though part of the fault is the stupidly inconsistent penalty calling by the refs), the rest depends if they could be trained to buy into a real playoffs system mentality, they obviously have the skills and were mostly better than the Bs 5 on 5 but they play like 'meh' and not as if their lives depended on it and it's infuriating.
The richest one percent of this country owns half our country's wealth, five trillion dollars. One third of that comes from hard work, two thirds comes from inheritance, interest on interest accumulating to widows and idiot sons and what I do, stock and real estate speculation...It's bullsh*t. I create nothing. I own. We make the rules, pal...Now you're not naive enough to think we're living in a democracy, are you buddy?
Appreciate 0