View Single Post
      06-21-2022, 12:08 PM   #24
rebekahb
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2020 X5 M50i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kolyan2k View Post
How's Rome? Some say it's too touristy and overrated.

I like Switzerland too, was thinking of renting a house on a lake there.
With kid it's a bit harder to plan everything. If it was me, I'd fly to Switzerland tomorrow and stay in mountains/lakes for a month.

This is just one persons take on Rome. It's so much history it's overwhelming to me. My brain couldn't take in everything I was learning. The Trevi fountain, well I felt like I was standing outside Caesar's in Vegas. While we were there they had opened the underground of the Coliseum for a short period and we got to explore that which was really cool. They closed it again right after we left for more exploration. The Vatican was neat to see but way to much going on. I enjoy the smaller European towns without out all the hustle and bustle. You can find that in neighborhoods of Rome which we did and that was my favorite part. I also guess it depends on what you are interested in. It was neat to see and checked it off but could care less to go back.

Switzerland is amazing! I would definitely vote on renting a house on the lake. We met some people while we were there and still stay in touch with them. We were going to try and meet up again on the lake but Covid happened.
Appreciate 0