View Single Post
      04-27-2024, 07:10 AM   #21
Petroleum
Private
Rep
Drives: German

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccs368 View Post
I just had the 10k service performed and placed the anti-theft socket on the passenger seat but apparently tire rotation is not part of the service after checking from my dealer. Immediately doing a quick search to better understand, there’re a lot of BMW dealers that don’t recommend scheduled rotation for fwd xdrive vehicles. I plan to do it myself now.
do thieves still steal wheels in NY or the Tri-State area these days?

I knew that tire rotation was not included in the free BMW oil change for the first three years. I asked the dealer to do it because they only charged $52(after tax). They rebalanced all fore tires and did the front-to-rear rotation.(left front to left rear, right front to right rear and vice versa) My local tire shops or even Costco charge about the same when tires are not purchased from them. Even if Costco does it for me for free, I'm sure I can easily spend a couple hundred bucks inside while waiting for them to rotate the tires. Letting the BMW dealer do it at the same time saved me time for only a few bucks more.

I can do it myself, but I'm too lazy these days. My torque wrench broke last year and I didn't feel like spending $140 to buy another one.

FWD cars like the xDrive X1 drive on the front wheels 99% of the time. The front tires will no doubt wear faster than the rear tires, so rotation is definitely needed in order to even out the wear.

Last edited by Petroleum; 04-27-2024 at 07:30 AM..
Appreciate 1