04-30-2023, 07:04 PM   #3
SpaceSilverX1
slowest X1 driver ever
Rep
Drives: '23 X1 M Sport, '24 530i(soon)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tex2670 View Post
yes. my '14 BMW had this feature.

If your headlights are in Auto and the wipers have been swiping for about a minute, the headlights will come on and will stay on until the wipers aren't consistently swiping.

It's a safety feature that, IMO, all cars should have. Headlights on/Wipers on is the law in my state, and I can't tell you how many people don't do this, even in torrential downpours.
I haven't had the car long enough yet, but it seems like when in rain sensor mode, the headlight doesn't always turn on. in medium or high speed wiping, I guess it does come on.. but I can't remember when the headlights turned off...

although one thing that I can confirm was the high-beam... it did come on by itself while I was driving in the rain with the wiper on medium. it was still reasonable bright outside. the low-beam was on. I was following a white cargo van and I saw the high-beam come on by itself. I did not touch the light switch stalk at all. I didn't want to annoying other drivers, so I went into the menu and turned off automatic high beam.
Appreciate 0