View Single Post
      03-20-2024, 06:41 PM   #1
rlynn92
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: G20 330i,X1 M35i

Hello all,

Just got my car back from the dealer for some carplay issues with ID9. They were somehow able to update it to the new 03/2024.30 software update. I was very surprised to see this since I haven't even seen it released yet, so I wanted to detail the changes I see in the X1. This was not available OTA for me, nor was the 11.2023 update. My dealer was not sure if the 03/2024 update was a dealer load-only update or if it would eventually come to OTA.

Updates:
  1. Carplay Issues: Are they fixed? The short answer is no. On the way home from the dealer, I noticed numerous audio cutouts. However, the phone calls seemed way more stable. I'm going on a road trip this weekend, so I'll tinker some more. There does appear to be a "hey siri" integration that allows the use of Siri without pressing the button. Haven't tried it. I'm very disappointed this doesn't address the car play cutout issues, as this probably means it will be another 3 months at least before we see a fix.
  1. Auto Start/Stop: There's a new button for deactivating Auto start/stop when selecting the drive settings button. (Photo attached) This eliminates the need to go into the settings to turn it off. It still does not allow this feature to be turned off by default as far as I can tell. In addition, there's no button state to show auto start/stop deactivated. Terribly inconsistent UX, but it's better than nothing.
  1. My Modes: A bug caused the gear icon to not consistently appear in the top right corner when changing drive modes. That icon now appears consistently after selecting a drive mode.
  2. Drive Recorder: Activated and working. I noticed some said this came with the dealer load 11/2023 update so not really new news here. But coming from 07/2023 I was happy to see it added.
  1. Driver assistance plus: Like others have noted, this wont activate via the connected drive store despite having the correct hardware. Still no luck on my end even with the new software update.
  1. My BMW App: I do not see the remote window open/close feature in the app yet. I'll keep an eye, as the app still says my car's software is 07/2023

That's all I've seen for now. I'll update this thread if I notice any more changes/improvements. If anyone else has this update let me know!
Attached Images

Appreciate 3
Maui_M46.50
X1_x23d12.00
TopM10.00