View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 03:44 PM   #66
bosstones
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: o_0

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShopVac View Post
Appreciate the video, since the wife just greenlighted me for a Porsche.

Replacing the Fiata, I'm between a 911 Carrera Cab (S or 4S) and the Boxster S. Unfortunately though, price range has me looking at a 997.1, which I'd be constantly concerned about bore scoring/IMS...so I'm more likely going to choose a 13-16 Boxster with the flat 6. We'll see, been searching for a couple weeks now. Anyone remember when manuals were cheaper?
Ha! Wifey did the same since she never drives her car (WFH) and takes one of mine if she meeds to go somewhere. I'm after a 981 Cayman S, tho.

Pricing is always a funky thing (options, base vs S, mileage, # of owners, etc...)...so much subjectivity. From what I've seen, manuals are around 3k-7k more. I might break down and go PDK since, if I'm working on the X1 the wife would have no car. She's open to learning manual and did alright when I walked her thru on my ZHP a long time ago, tho. Then she'd be able to drive my Moupe which would be no bueno.

Like yourself, 997.1 is in the ballpark I'm willing to part with but a 997.2 is the one I'd bite on. I've seen some .2 cabriolets and targas in the right range but I'm more of a Coupe person.

I keep running into aome 981 CS examples that are close to what I want but then they turn out to have Yachting Blue interior.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfisti View Post
My 2c, the boxster and Cayman never look right at the rear, that's just me though.
I get what you're saying. Aft is not it's best viewpoint. Even 911's are a bit daft w/o a whale tail to break up the long slope, though (IMHO).