View Single Post
      04-12-2024, 01:30 PM   #138
shawnhayes
Major
Rep
Drives: 22M5 CS,23X5E,24M3 CS,24 i4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vmaxx View Post
Toyota is wiping the floor with every other automaker. That brand has gone absolutely insane over the past 4 years, in the best possible way for them. They were the only brand last month that was able to increase their average per vehicle sale price YoY. They also took the number one spot and sold more vehicles than Tesla globally, first time in nearly 18 months. So as they say, the numbers don’t lie, and they are doing better than just about everyone out there.

We are also seeing targets and mandates for EVs relax, being delayed, or outright cancelled. This is due to multiple reasons, but Toyota is the one now cashing in on their decisions, while the others (except Tesla) are still trying to figure out how to make EVs work.
Only outselling VW by 1 million units is far from "wiping the floor" with the other manufacturers.

https://www.factorywarrantylist.com/...ufacturer.html

Toyota is, and consistently has been, behind other manufacturers for years in innovation, and new technology. Sales is only one measure of "getting it right" and the vision for the future. Co-opting other people's technology cannot be the plan for the future. That's the "Enron" approach.

Saying sales is the only measure of an automobile manufacturer is saying that Walmart is the worlds best retailer. It does have the most sales, but so?

When Toyota can't independently manufacture it's own EV, or it's best sport cars without the assistance of another manufacturer, I question the "wiping the floor" assertion. Toyota is very very good at manufacturing and sales - innovation not so much. The hybrids have been good, but up until now, have been sow pig ugly.

I can't say toyota is crap. I just can't. But, if I had to rely on modern Toyota engineers to design the future, that would be a sad sad day. Everyone driving a GR Camry would just be....yeeeech.

Shawn
Appreciate 0