antzcrashing
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 BMW 440i GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M TOWN View Post
I personally am against the complexity of a hybrid. I’d much rather drive full electric.

But in certain parts of the world people want a performance gas car, but they’re gonna need electric when they drive into the city. For an example London.

So you drive into the city on full electric and then once you leave the city, you can fire up the fire breathing dragon again… 🤣

Once weight of the battery and the platforms can be reduced to something reasonable and the suspension and the tires aren’t being taxed by the extra weight then I believe the ice platform will drop off the face of the Earth.

I’m on my fifth EV in 10+ years.

My M car will eventually be replaced by an electric sports car, it’s just a matter of time. I have my eye on the upcoming Porsche 718 electric as the replacement.
All fair points. I am very much in agreement that the complexity of a hybrid (essentially you have 2 drivetrains / 2 engines) is not good. But imo, non-electric enthusiasts, will want it to overcome range exiety especially as infrastructure is built out. In that meantime dealerships, indy shops, and DIY youtube pages will be working overtime to pickup the elevated service demand.

I may disagree that the ice platform drops off the planet, the suburbs and country regions will hold onto them for a long time.

Best,
Antz
Appreciate 1
///M TOWN21084.00