View Single Post
      06-14-2023, 11:12 AM   #56
dgoldenz
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Vanquish, FF, 392 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RM7 View Post
The ones that people don't drive and just keep in barns to look at?
Is that what everyone does? I've been driving Porsches and Ferraris for years at $0 cost because of their amazing resale value. In total, I've made close to $100k in profit driving them (thanks Covid) , and I put about 3k miles/year on my weekend cars, most of them have been higher mileage cars too.

But a Tesla can run a 9.2 and lose $40k in value in one year so that's cool. Some people just really hate money and can't wait to set a large pile of it on fire so they can impress their friends with the toaster on wheels that goes real fast.

There is not a single electric car that will ever hold any significant value because battery tech will always get better and they will never have the sound and feel of ICE cars that hold value. The screens will also look ridiculously outdated in 5-10 years and there's no way to fix that.

I don't care what people do with their money, but to label a Plaid as "sought after" is clearly wrong because if it was then they wouldn't be dropping like a rock.

On second thought, people who bought Plaids have actually lost more like $50-70k in one year since their original MSRP was $131k, not the current $109k. Plenty of them for sale in the $80k range and sitting. Thanks Elon!
Appreciate 2
Burrcold5424.50