FZI89
Captain
Austria
Rep
Drives: BMW iX1, U11

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlashMonkey929 View Post
Adaptive cruise control wasn’t available when I ordered the car; neither were the active seats that I would have ordered if I knew adjustable lumbar wasn’t going to be on the sport seats. For the auto parking, my problem is that it was too slow, and would sometimes slam on the brakes if it detected someone behind me who clearly was on the other side of the parking aisle 20+ feet away. I can easily park in or leave any stall 10x faster than what it has shown me it can do, so I never use it.
Ah yes…the insane amount of features that were constantly being added every other week….it really did my head in. And now of course, it calmed down and they haven’t added any new features for 2 months or so ever since announcement of MY24 models.

And yes! The sudden brakes, too! This happened a few times. You’re absolutely right that it’s much faster to just park it manually. It’s a nice feature to have at the beginning and to show to friends and family. But after a while, you just want to park the car yourself instead of wasting time.
Appreciate 0